We like war because we are good at it!

The below is the link to George Carlin's 1992 Jammin' in New York at Madison Square Garden.

"We like war because we are good at it, and you know why we are good at it?  Because we get a lot of practice.  This country is only 200 years old, and already we've had 10 major wars.  We average a major war every 20 years in this country.  So we are good at it, and it's a good thing we are; we're not very good at anything else anymore ... can't educate our young people, can't get health care to our old people, but we can bomb the shit our of your country, all right. ...especially if your country is full of brown people.  Oh, we like that, don't we? That's our hobby.  That's our new job in the world: bombing brown people.  Iraq, Panama, Granada, Libya, you've got some brown people in your country, tell them to watch the f... out or we'll goddamn bomb them.  When is the last white people we bombed?  Can you remember the last white people ... any white people we've ever bombed?  The Germans, those are the only ones and that is only because they were trying to cut in on our action.  They wanted to dominate the world.  Bullshit, that's our f......ing job ... Now we only bomb brown people.

Now you've probably noticed I don't feel about that war (the first Gulf war) the way we were told, we were supposed to feel about the way, the way we were ordered and instructed by the United States Government to feel about that war.  You see my mind doesn't work that way.  I've got this real moron thing I do. It's called thinking.  And I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions.  I don't just roll over when I'm told to.  Sad to say, most Americans just roll over on command. Not me.  I have certain rules I live by.

My first rule: I don't believe anything the government tells me. Nothing. And I don't take very seriously the media or the press in this country, who in the case of the Persian Gulf War were nothing more than unpaid employees of the Department of Defence and who most of the time, most of the time, function as a kind of unofficial public relations agency for the United States government.  So I don't listen to them.  I don't really believe in my country, and I gotta tell you folks, I don't get choked up about yellow ribbons and American flags.  I consider them to be symbols ... and I leave symbols to the symbol-minded."

Post a Comment

0 Comments